|How to Change Your Windows 7 Logon Screen|
How to Change Your Windows 7 Logon Screen
- Press Windows key + R. Type “regedit” and hit Enter.
- Now navigate to the following path as shown below:
- On the right pane, right click on the blank space and choose New->DWORD Value. Give the name as “OEMBackground”.
- Double click on this newly created key and set the vale to –1. Chose the base as Hexadecimal and click “OK”.
- Go to your system drive (C:) and navigate to C -> Windows ->System32 ->oobe.
- Create a new folder named “info”. Under “info” create another folder named as “backgrounds”.
- You are almost done. Now copy the image that you want to put in the logon screen into the “backgrounds” folder and rename it to “backgroundDefault”.
- Restart the computer and the change will be reflected.
If you want to switch to a different background, you have to restart the process from scratch.