It includes to main steps . from these you will learn How to increase your RAM and make your computer system faster
1.Increase virtual Ram (Paging) 2.Check for errors, Analyze and defragment. 3. Deleting %temp% and temp
1. Increase virtual Ram (Paging) It will increase the virtual Ram .just follow the steps
- Hold down the ‘Windows’ Key and Press the ‘Pause/Break’ button at the top right of your keyboard.
Another way is Right-Clicking ‘My Computer’ and then Select ‘Properties’.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Performance’, click ‘Settings’.
- Then click the ‘Advanced’ tab on the button that pops up.
- Under ‘Virtual Memory’ at the bottom, click ‘Change’.
- Click the ‘Custom Size’ button.
- For the initial size (depending on your HD space), type in anywhere from 1000-1500 (although I use 4000), and for the Maximum size type in anywhere from 2000-2500 (although I use 6000).
- Click ‘Set’, and then exit out of all of the windows.
- Finally, Restart your computer.
- You now have a faster computer and 1-2GB of Virtual RAM..!
2.Check for errors, Analyze and defragment.
- go to my computer
- right click on c drive, click properties
- click on tools tab
- Click check now and start disk check. It will scan the system for errors.sometimes it show , disk check will take place when you restart computer, if it show such message then click yes and it will automatically check when you restart.
- follow step 1-4 for all drives.
- if no message is shown then manually check for errors and then click analyze and after analyzing click defragment.
- On your next restart you will see the changes in speed.
3. Deleting %temp% and temp
- go to run
- type:- %temp%
- and press enter
- select all by using ctrl+a delete all files. This are temparary files taking the disk space. Deleting files would not affect the system.some files may not be deleted so just ignore them.
Follow all this steps every week or every month for better performance from your system.