Typically when you purchase a cell phone, the company that sold you the phone (ex: AT&T) “locked” the phone before you bought it, so you can only use it on their network. Follow along after the jump to learn how to unlock a Nokia phone.
1. Before trying anything else, contact your service provider and ask for an unlock code. Usually, if you’ve been a customer of theirs for some time, they will provide you with an unlock code for free. This is, by far, the best way to get your phone unlocked.
2. Download software to generate the unlocking code. Software is available on some websites for free and some paid websites that also offer support if things go wrong. See external links below.
3. Find the Serial number of the cell phone, also known as your IMEI number. This can be done by either removing the back of your cell phone and looking underneath the battery, or simply by typing in *#06# into your cell phone. It should be something like: 010082321439976/07951780736
4. Enter your manufacturer into the software you’ve downloaded.
5.Take the SIM card out of your phone. Replace the battery and power the phone on.
6. Enter the SIM card info into the software. You will see a message “Insert SIM Card”. Enter all of the characters you see in your code, including the # symbols. To get a ‘p’ press * 3 times, to get a ‘+’ press the * key 2 times, to get a ‘w’ press the * key 4 times. Disregard any spaces in the code.
7. Try other codes. In order to unlock your phone you generally need to enter only one code. Start with the first one. If your phone is not unlocked by typing the first code (MCC+MNC), use code “7” (Multilock)
Enjoy Guys! and don’t forget to post your comments. © MyTricksTime.com